IT WILL BE THE MOST wonderful time of year in Beeston on Saturday 29th November as the town’s annual Christmas Lights Switch on event takes place at Broadgate Park.
A giant Snow Globe will be unveiled in the morning outside Chilwell Road Methodist Church and visitors can have a photograph taken in a festive snow scene bubble. There will also be a host of music and street entertainment taking place from one end of Beeston to the other from 2.00pm.
At 4.30pm there will be an extra special lights switch on ceremony with Mayor of the Borough of Broxtowe, Councillor Stan Heptinstall MBE and this will be followed by a fantastic firework finale at 6.00pm.
Events taking place throughout the day include a host of activities for the whole family, as well as the judging of the window dressing competition.
- A giant Snow Globe on Chilwell High Road outside Chilwell Road Methodist Church on the day and 11.00am – 5.30pm every Saturday throughout December.
- Santa’s Grotto at Beeston Square on the day and 11.00am – 5.00pm every Thursday to Saturday throughout December.
- The annual Season of Lights celebrations from 2.30pm until 5.00pm at Chilwell Road Methodist Church on Chilwell High Road.
- A variety of musical and dance performers on the main stage on Broadgate Park to get you into the festive spirit including a very special Frozen show at 3.30pm from Dazzle Entertainment.
- Fairground rides throughout the town centre and at Regent Street car park.
- Street performers up and down the high street.
The winner of the shop window dressing competition will also be announced live on stage.
The event is organised by Broxtowe Borough Council, with support from NET, GEM 106 and Beeston Bid. Please note that car parking for the event is limited so please use public transport wherever possible.
For more information about the day contact Broxtowe Borough Council on 0115 917 3695, email email@example.com or visit www.broxtowe.gov.uk/arts